Reiki means "universal life force energy", and is a Japanese healing modality that utilises the energy of the Universe that is all around us. It is different to 'spiritual healing', as the practitioner does not use their own energy, but is a channel for the energy. Reiki will go directly to the source to heal, whether that is physical, emotional, mental or spiritual, and is extremely relaxing, enabling you to feel calmer.
- Reiki is completely non invasive and CAN DO NO HARM! It works in conjunction with, and is complementary to, orthodox medical treatment.
- It is performed with the client lying fully clothed on a couch covered by a blanket, and the practitioners hands are placed on or over various points on the body or aura, often corresponding to the chakras.
- Reiki can be used on adults, children animals and even plants, food and situations! The possibilities, like the Universe, are unlimited!!!!
- The Reiki Association has a very informative website
Levels 1, 2 & 3
- Reiki Finds You!!
- When we are drawn to learn the study and practice of Reiki I believe that the right tutor is put into our path at the right time for us.
- Reiki can lead us on an amazing journey to inner peace and healing, of ourselves and others.
- Reiki is not associated with any religions or faith, anyone can do Reiki.
- Before embarking on any Reiki training I usually recommend to have six sessions of Reiki, to start your own healing process and to become familiar with the energy.
- Level One is all about self healing and the start of your journey. You will learn the history of Reiki, about chakras, colours, meditation, how and where we can use Reiki and to be able to give yourself, family, friends and pets Reiki.
- Level Two is the Practitioner level - you will learn the Reiki symbols and how to use them, to work deeper with the energy, and to be able to set up as a Reiki practitioner.
- Levels One and Two are taught over two days, with at least three months between the levels.
- Level Three is Master Teacher level, the final stage of the journey, but also the beginning of a lifelong connection with Reiki. You will learn how to teach Reiki to others. This is to be done when you have been a level two practitioner for at least a year, and have lots of experience with working with Reiki, and clients.
- I provide light refreshments (tea, coffee, biscuits), a manual, notepad and certificate on completing the level.
- You will read all over the place about accelerated learning, and that you can do levels One, Two AND Three over a weekend, or over the internet. I was taught, and believe, that this is not the way to go. Reiki takes time to assimilate and to become familiar with the energies. Like many things in life we all want a quick fix, but I believe anything worth having and learning well takes time and patience.